In the last several months I have heard of different Pastors and Lay people describing what their vision is.
- Pastor Jason’s vision about a Christian Community.
- Pastor Tracy in helping the poor.
- Pastor Jeff taking some time off to enhance his vision.
- Jim S. in mentoring young men.
- Bob W. in connecting with our elected officials.
- Me in leaving a smile on everyone I encounter.
My vision is something that I have been working on for a while and it is one that when I encounter someone I would like to leave them with a smile. If I am at a business that uses name tags I make an effort to identify that person my name – this is something really simple but it can make a big impact on people when you make a connection with them.
I looked up the Definition of Vision and here are a couple of the meanings:
- The act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
- The act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: Prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
- An experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency:
Vision is an important part of our future and what we do – I found this explanation that is very helpful in coming up with a vision in a 3 step process.
“Vision is knowing who you are, where you’re going and what will guide your journey.” By Ken Blanchard and Jesse Stoner
- Who you are – is your purpose
- Where you’re going – is your picture of the future
- What will guide your journey – are your values
So what is your Vision?
Are you looking at the future to see what impact you can have with it?