When you look at the story of Saul (later to be called Paul) and how zealous he was in what he thought was God’s Work – it makes me think – Do we do the same today – but in a different way????
Are we in the category of being Zealous for the wrong Cause? A couple of my personnel Examples:
- Looking at other Christians and Denominations and trying to figure out if they are doing it the right way to make it to Heaven? I have to tell you – I was one of them.
- Do we look at a Bible Study and if it does not meet our specific style of study or the right BOOK…. Is your thinking that there is only one way that GOD would have us study? I used to be here also.
- Here was one of my biggest obstructions in sharing Jesus…. Do we see ourselves as needing to know so much about the Bible that we forget to share the good news with others? I needed to know more about the Bible before I could share it – I was a Zealot on Knowledge and scared I would not have the right scripture when it came to sharing Jesus.
**The Big question – What is Really Important?
Most of us know the story of how Paul was transformed – here is a small portion of his story
Acts 9:3-6> 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” 5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
So do we need this type of encounter with Jesus for us to Change…. Paul’s transformation included just a couple of experiences to put him on this Awesome Journey for Jesus.
- After meeting Jesus his beliefs and actions were Radically Transformed… He seen Jesus in a different way.
- He had a great teacher in Ananias to Help him understand the teachings of Jesus and he seen the Obedience that was required of Ananias to go forward to encounter a Saul.
- Saul’s Confession to Faith was immediate and Bold – he wasted no time in correcting the Harm that he did and without considering the consequences of telling the GOOD NEWS> Please read the rest of the Story about “Paul”.
We also can have the “Paul Transformation” – We just need to look at where are energy is placed and see if it is blocking what Christ would have us do.
So today – sit down and make that list and then focus on whether it is spreading the GOOD NEW of Jesus.