I am real careful when it comes to making New Year’s resolutions, so I try to only make one that will challenge me (and I am not going to say what it is LOL). I do want to share something that I read the other day that I thought would be a great list of life items that I would like to strive to be in 2018. It came from “Dear Abby” – just to let you know this is not where I normally seek wisdom.
It was an article from ‘The Holy Vedas – say: “Man has subjected himself to thousands of self-inflicted bondages. Wisdom comes to a man who lives according to the true eternal laws of nature.”
Here is a prayer from St. Francis that is a list of items that can be very helpful for 2018. This is a list of what we should be when we encounter these issues of life.
“Lord make me an instrument of your Peace.”
- Where there is hatred, let me sow Love.
- Where there is injury, Pardon.
- Where there is doubt, Faith.
- Where there is despair, Hope.
- Where there is darkness, Light.
- And where there is sadness, Joy.
“O Divine Master”
- Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to Console.
- To be understood, as to Understand.
- To be loved, as to Love.
- For it is in giving that we Receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are Pardoned.
- And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
This is going to be an exciting year – enjoy and share your Faith.