I am finishing the book “The Last Arrow” (Saving nothing for the next life) by Erwin McManus and the last chapter is called “Battle Ready”. It is a great way to finish the book and makes you think about if you are called on by Jesus to do something extraordinary today: are you ready?
I would like to share some parts from the book.
- When I take on the hard work of being faithful in the small things, I am preparing myself for something greater than I ever could have imagined.
- When we finally get there, we need to be ready. We need to be ready for those unexpected moments when we’re called to elevate, those moments so much bigger than we can hardly breathe. We must be battle ready.
- Failure is rarely about the challenge we face: rather, it is about our lack of preparation. You cannot know every challenge you will face, but you can know who you are when you face the challenge!
As I look back at my life I can see the molding that it took to get me ready for Battle – it was through all the small tasks – the hardships – the relationships past and present that have molded me into what I am today. There is much more that Christ has done in my life that impacts on who I am today, but it was His process in making me ready for what is to come.
In the back of the book Erwin shared a few scripture verses….
- Luke 16:10 > “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
- 2 Kings 13:18 > Then he said, “Take the arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it three times and stopped.
- 2 Kings 13:21 > Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.
- John 19:30 > When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
- Matthew 25:21 > “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
So the question today is: Are You Battle Ready?