I attended a Men’s gathering at our church last Saturday and Pastor Ed Taylor from Calvary Aurora gave the message. The title of the talks were “Where are You?” and he used the example of when God asked Adam “Where are You?”
Genesis 3: 8 & 9 – Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
Adam and Eve had just disobeyed God’s Commandment to not eat from the tree that was forbidden and now they were hiding from God.
The question that was asked of Adam could have been asked several times during this time of disobedience.
Adam where were you?
- When Eve was being tempted by the serpent
- When Eve was eating the apple
- When you ate of the apple.
I named this Blog “Where are you Bobbyg?” because it made me think of the times that I may need to be asked this from God. Some of the examples I came up with are.
- When I am asked to help at the church and come up with a reason not to help.
- When my sons get into trouble as – was I there to help or stand beside them.
- When my wife has a bad day at work and tells me about it when she comes home.
- A friend takes me to the side and explains his troubles in his marriage.
- **These are just a few examples but this question can be asked in all aspects of our daily life.
God has given us the Holy Spirit to help direct us to the right response when we are tasked with daily issues. The question is: am I listening or am I being disobedient to what He is telling me to do.
My response should be as Isaiah responded… Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
So when you look at your daily life is God asking you?
Where are you (your name)?
Are you willing to be have God send you?