On my #2 Blog on this topic I explained what my Study Bible had written about the Spiritual Battle – but it also referenced Ephesians 6:10-19…. This is the part about putting on the Armor of God…. This is the only way to fight the Battle and to overcome the enemy… Enjoy reading this scripture…
The Whole Armor of God
- 10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
- 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
- 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
- 13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
- 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.
- 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.
- 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.
- 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
- 19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.
Verse 18 is one that I cherish and is essential as we go forward in the Battle – We must be in constant Prayer…. and always Alert…. and as verse 19 states we must ask for others to help us in prayer also…
This is my final Blog on the topic of the Spiritual Battle – but remember the Battle is real and we must succeed in overcoming the enemy. Use the weapons that have been given to you as you go forward….