Pastor Shaun was teaching about Compassion and that true Compassion which leads to an Active Action. A few of the Scriptures that were mentioned are:
- Matthew 14:14 > When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
- Matthew 15:32 > Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”
- Mark 6:34 > When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
- Luke 15:20 > So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
As you see 3 of these scriptures are about Jesus having compassion with the people who are in front of him and the last one is about a Father having compassion for his son.
If we are going to be a light shining for Jesus we must put our Compassion into Action and look for those opportunities that are right in front of us. This includes our family members – this one hit me the hardest and I know that I need to improve on this one allot. It is an area that I have failed at recently and since Pastor Shaun’s message I have taken a step back and looked for ways that I can change. If I am to have an impact in presenting Jesus to my sons or siblings I need to show some compassion in the areas that discourage me. It is helping.
My study Bible showed a long list of people that Jesus showed compassion to and several of these I would struggle with putting my Compassion into Action.
For Example my version for a few on the list:
- Those on Drugs who are insane at the time.
- Those I oppose on political issues.
- A religious leader whose views contradict what the Bible says.
- A really sick person who is contagious (Leprosy was the one on the list).
- The homeless on the street begging for money or help.
These are just a few of the ones that I would struggle with. I know that I need to pray for wisdom and understanding to get past the issues I have. If I am to put my Compassion into Action I need to be able to get past my flaws and let Jesus shine through me.
What does your list look like with those you struggle in putting your Compassion into Action?
Work on letting Jesus shine through you in these tough areas!
Let your Compassion Lead you into ACTION.