A friend of mine (Bob W.) sent me a link to an article about 8 signs your Christianity is too comfortable. I have been writing about “Crashing the Divide” and this looked like a great way to check to see if I am having an impact on those around me.
Here is the list:
8 Signs Your Christianity Is Too Comfortable! By: Brett McCracken
**These are just the 8 items – but if you click on the link below you can see the explanation of each of them.
- There’s absolutely no friction between your Christianity and your partisan politics.
- There are no paradoxes, tensions, or unresolved questions.
- Your friends and coworkers are surprised to learn you’re a churchgoing Christian.
- You never think about or even remember the Sunday sermon on Monday.
- No one at your church ever annoys you.
- You never feel challenged, only affirmed.
- You’ve never had to have a ‘truth-in-love’ conversation with a fellow Christian.
- No one in your church could comment on any area of growth they’ve seen in you.
Click on this link to see the whole article [button link=”https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/8-signs-your-christianity-is-too-comfortable/” newwindow=”yes”]
As I read through each of these, I could identify with a couple of them that I need to really work on… If we are going to have an impact on the world/people around us – then we need to be challenged in our growth as a Christian. I have always believed that if I am really comfortable, then it may mean that I am becoming stagnate as a Christian. These are just a few check and balances that can be helpful, but there others that you may have come up with that help. (Please share them with me).
So are you one of the Comfortable Christians?
If you are – What are you doing about it?